Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Philosophical



There is one thing I've learned over the last couple of weeks. It's going to sound really weird, but I've learned that it's ok to tell myself no. If everyone around me is eating greasy delicious burgers, or my mom's super delicious homemade cake, it's ok to say "No, you're not eating that." Yes, it sometimes feels unfair when all of my thin siblings are chowing down on homemade chocolate deliciousness, but that's the way it's got to be for me to lose weight and keep it off. Really not a big lesson, but for me it is.




I went back to work yesterday, and I have to admit that I was not looking forward to eating lunch with my co workers, first of all, my meal size is super tiny and I eat with a baby spoon, there was NO chance that someone wasn't going to say something about it. Brandon, this young kid I work with came up and asked "So what else did you bring?" I said "This is it." Then he continued to ask me how on earth I was going to make it through the day on that portion of food. I made it through it though...and then after lunch I made him watch a youtube video of a gastric bypass surgery...he almost barfed..so it was all worth it. Hopefully, today will be easier.

1 comment:

  1. Lauralee you can do it! You are so awesome! Have more will power than me!

    ReplyDelete