Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The easy way out

I've heard this statement a dozen times this week from people who are less than educated and I would like to share my thoughts on it. "You took the easy way out" or "Well, I could lose 100 pounds if I had surgery too." I did not take the easy way out. Having gastric bypass doesn't magically make you lose weight. I don't consume unlimited calories and have the weight just fall off. I eat on average 100 calories per day. I work out at least 4 days a week. So I have 1. reduced my caloric intake 2. Increased my physical activity. I've done the same things I would have had to do if I had chosen "the right way" The surgery is a tool that allows me to fill satisfied with the small amounts of food that I am eating. Major abdominal surgery is not easy. Statements like that really irritate me. Just had to get the RAWR out.

At the bottom of the entire blog I posted a youtube video by my surgeon talking about gastic bypass surgery in case anyone is interested.

2 comments:

  1. You're so right. It sure doesn't sound easy. It's gotta be hard to eat 100 calories a day, even if you do have a smaller stomach. I can't believe so many people have said that to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are taking the harder way out... Major Surgery... 100 calories a day???!!! That's NOT easy for anyone! I admire you for all that you are going thru and how great you are doing at it. You just don't listen those who are saying these things to you. They most likely say those things because they don't have the gumption to go out and take care of their weight or health like you have and they are jealous or just need to make themselves feel better about their lack of desire to be healthy.
    Remember this always... YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete