Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 3, 2011

DAY 6



Today was a much much better day. I got some new running shoes and took them for a spin at the gym...ok, maybe not a spin, that's just fun to say. I only made it 15 minutes on a lower level on the elliptical machine. I only burned 137 calories. That may not sound like a big deal, but when you consider I've eaten that many calories in two days, it sounds a lot more significant. I'm happy with it.

For the super exciting news, I've lost just over 20 pounds in 5 days and my knee pain is now gone. I don't mean improved, or slightly better. GONE.

I still have back pain, but my hip pain has also improved. I don't know if the back pain will ever be completely gone. I was in a rollover car accident at 18, and was a CNA at 22. That's asking a lot. Who knows maybe the next 20 will alleviate some of that. My diabetes is also gone. So for me, it's already worth it.

For those of you reading thinking that I was kidding about the number of calories I eat in a day...I'm serious. It's been about 75 calories per day.
What I ate today

Breakfast:
2 oz (2 of those medicine cups you use for kids medicine) of low fat/low cal yogurt
(25 calories)

Lunch
1 1/2 ounces of tomato soup with less than 1/2 tsp of cheese melted on top
(35 calories)

Dinner
1 oz baked yam
1 slice super thinly sliced ham (deli meat) with skinny cow creamy blue cheese spread on it and rolled up...and cut into bite sized pieces. (cut up it fit into my 1 oz medicine cup) 35 calories

Until today, I've only been able to be on clear liquids and yogurts...and soups with no chunks. I can't tell you how delicious that single slice of deli meat with cheese on it tasted. I guess it's perspective. I used to crave chocolate and sweets...ok I still do kinda, but it's amazing how good that tasted. It's kind of sad, I bought a "bariatric surgery cookbook" and inside one of the recipes was to put cheese or cream cheese on a piece of deli meat. I laughed and said to my mom "How depressing is that? they can't come up with something better?"
That's what I get for making fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving reading your journey. I'm so excited for you and your continuing successes. Yeay for 20 pounds-that's freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete