Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, January 14, 2011

2 New Things



Well, I went to a health food store for the first time in my life and while it was a good store, I got sick of the amount of gluten free stuff they carried. There was very little carb-free. I went to the store to buy wonder-noodles that are soy based noodles that are protein based, not carb based. I came out with a package of soy fettuccine and a package of wonder-noodles that are more like soy ramen.

I tried the fettuccine tonight (the brand was House foods) added some cooked slivered carrots and some Thai peanut sauce and topped it with 2 crushed peanuts. It was delicious. I think the key to these noodles is rinsing them, drying them on a towel, boiling them, and then drying them again. At first they smelled really weird, but after all the rinsing and drying, that was alleviated.

I also bought baked chips that are made out of lentils to eat with hummus. Hopefully they are not gross, I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: