Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The hardest thing about gastric bypass

You've seen the foods I can eat. I'm pretty limited right now. Many people have asked me how I do it, and I will admit, it is hard. But, that is not the hardest part of having gastric bypass. There are LOTS of rules that I have to follow. Many surgeons don't require it, but at Rocky Mountain associated physicians, they do. They are the top surgeons in the state with the highest success rate, so that says something. One of the rules is that prior to eating you can't have anything to drink 30 minutes before or after you eat. I have always loved to drink while I eat, and for me, this has been the hardest part of the whole adventure.

beverage Pictures, Images and Photos

I was never a soda girl. As a patient who has had gastric bypass surgery, I will never be able to drink carbonation or caffeine again. (the carbonation stretches your stomach out again) Neither of those are big deals to me, because I never drank them, but I love lemonade and my fruit juices and smoothies.

Also, I'm already getting sick of the foods that I am allowed to eat. Which isn't good because I have 3 months and 3 weeks more of eating what is on the list. LOL. I think when this is all over, I will never eat yogurt or cottage cheese again...and possibly deli meat. It will be worth it, I know that, and that is what keeps me going on. I lost another 2 pounds today which puts me at 32 pounds lost. It seems like the weight loss is slowing down a bit. I guess I can't expect to lose 120 pounds a month, but man, that would sure be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment