Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, May 20, 2011

Never thought day shift would be hard




This is seriously how I feel. I never thought that I'd EVER have a hard time with a day shift. Seriously. I've worked 7 pm to 3:30 am for a year and a half. I finally landed a day shift and right now, it is killing me. At the beginning of the week, I felt great and well rested. Tonight, I could die. Seriously. The problem is that my body wants to be awake at night. Each night I've gone to bed by 10 pm and I toss and turn until about midnight. (It doesn't help that people were jogging on the treadmill or rollerskating in the kitchen-ok...I don't know what they were doing in the kitchen, but to me, it sounded like roller skating.

I worked out every day when I had the night shift, but my will to live has been kind of drained and I have missed the last two days at the gym. I have got to get out of this funk and adjust to this shift.

I do love the shift and it's amazing to be done by 3:30 pm. It gives me a whole new outlook on life, tonight, I just feel tired.

1 comment:

  1. man, those adjustments are hard!! It may take a little time to get your body's time clock re-adjusted! I hate that tired feeling! I had that for a while when I switched from an 8-9 hour day to 12-13 hour day!! Get some rest, have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete