Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sunny


I was just sitting here messing around on facebook, when I had one of those moments. I realized that I feel good about myself. I'm absolutely good with me. This is the first time in my life that I ever remember feeling that way. Not that I didn't feel good about myself yesterday. I did. but I just hadn't realized the change. I have been fat most of my life. Not only fat, but unhappy with myself. Then I'd look back at old pictures of myself and think "wow, I looked good then." Never have I been able to look in the mirror and say "I feel good about me now." But I do. At my thinnest adult weight (in 2002) I weighed 220 pounds. That's about 20 pounds lighter than I am now. I was a size 18 then. Today, I'm heavier, but a smaller size (14-16) but that being said, I still didn't feel good about myself then. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm just really thankful to feel that way.
Before, I was consumed with what people thought and said about me. I wanted everyone to like me. Now, I honestly don't care. Like me, hate me. Whatever. It's so nice to just be ok with me.

Just thought I'd share.

2 comments: