Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Self Critical



I will admit that recently, I have been a little overly self critical. I finished my 5k, but I was unhappy with my finish time. I have lost a lot of weight, but still feel really fat. Etc. I was at work messing around with my blog and a nameless guy that I work with asked if that was a picture of me. I said, "Yes, it is." He then asked if it was a really old picture. To which I told him that it was about a month old. He then said "Oh, wow, you look a lot thinner in your picture."



I'll admit, I'm really good at dressing to make myself look the best. When you are fat, you learn to hide flaws. Honestly, the guy is a loser and I don't care what he thinks, but it was more annoying because I had just said to my friend Rosi "I think the picture makes me look thinner than I am."

Well, tonight, I was looking at that picture and I realized that I've lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks. That is good. If I lost weight like that every month, in 6 months, I'd weigh 139 pounds!

I know it's one of my goals to not be so negative with myself, and I'm still working on it.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't we always our own worst critic?? I am VERY SELF CRITICAL. I had to stop exercising when I got my blood clot, and I have gained 7 lbs. I can really feel it. I hate it. 7 lbs in a month!!?? YUCK! I am not eating different, it is a matter of eating a little more, and being flabby from not toning up constantly. Everyone always says I look good, and that I dress well to hide my skin, and I do, but I always see that same 400 lb person in the mirror.
    I like your picture, and you look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete