Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, June 27, 2011

Things that are amazing-23 weeks


(I know this photo is AWFUL, but it illustrates what I'm talking about)

I have recently started working from home. I have a giant leather executive chair with a high back. Before, it held me. Now, it fits me and a small dog at my side. I noticed today while I was on a very long call that I was sitting in the chair with my knees at my chest. I have never in my life sat that way. I've been fat most of my life and it's never been comfortable. Also, I had a bunch of fat blocking my knees. It was really kind of amazing. I didn't think of it much then. I know I say this a lot, but I can't believe how much my life has changed in 6 months. I also can't believe it's been 6 months.

Today as I was sitting outside eating snap peas out of the bag like potato chips, I realized the changes in my life are amazing. Surgery has taught me how to really eat healthy. Lots of us think we eat healthy. I sure did. Now that I have a diet of 400-500 calories, I realize how out of control my diet was. Even on my 1000 calorie diet, I ate 1000 calories but it was mostly carbs and sugars. I realize now how harmful that is and how much better whole food and natural eating makes you feel. I used to think people like that were wackos. (you know, the ones that never eat sugar etc)

I've been thinking about it, and when I hit my goal weight, I really feel like it's important to keep the same type of diet free of sugars and carbs.


Today, I was noticing how much smaller I am on top. (in the boobs) I started wondering if any of the clothes my friend had given me would fit. I pulled the containers out of storage and started trying things on. We've talked about my ghetto-booty. I really didn't expect anything pants or skirts to fit. I could put the jeans on, but not zip them, that's still progress, but there were several pairs of dress pants that were 14s and 16s that fit. YAY. The super cute shirt that I couldn't even close fit too, SO excited about that! But I think my body is starting to lose weight a little more proportionately. One of the skirts was a large, all of the shirts were 14-16, and they all fit. It made me so happy!


23 weeks


Here's the photo for 23 weeks..
I was going to take another one because that shirt looks awful on me. But, I'm 2 days from 6 months/24 weeks and I still need to post that picture, I figure it is what it is. You'll be happy to know that the minute I saw that image, I returned the shirt to old navy!
In the pic it's minus 110 pounds, I've lost 6 more since then.

2 comments:

  1. Just recently started following your blog, what an amazing transformation you have made so far! I had gastric bypass a year ago, best decision I ever made in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauralee you look fantastic!! You should be so proud of your success, and I'm so happy for you that the clothes fit. What an awesome feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete