Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, April 29, 2011

Week sixteen



OK, so I know that sometimes I'm a little awkward with compliments. I don't really know what to say. It's easy when someone says "You look great." I just smile and say "thanks." The compliment that I have a hard time with is "You're losing weight." It hardly seems appropriate so say "Thank you." After all, I've done all the work. Thank me? that might fit. The last person that said that to me...all I could think of was, "Yes, I am. yay."
Sigh, I wish I was a little more graceful. he he

On a happier note, I finally found a pair of pants that fit. Sadly they are capris (the ones in the photo) I hate my legs and have never worn capris or shorts due to my albino pudgy legs. But they aren't saggy or droopy, so that's definately progress. The shirt I'm wearing is the same style of shirt I wore in my pics for my Feb 14. pic, but I had to order it 3 sizes smaller. That's awesome, if I do say so myself. I'm still training for my 5k. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing! You look fantastic and are an inspiration, at least to me. I hope and pray that after these babies are born I will be motivate to get to losing weight. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with everyone.

    And once again, you look amazing! You have worked damn hard and deserve ALL the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY CRAP!!! You look incredible!!!! Go you! Get used to the compliments because you'll be getting them for the rest of your life because you're fantastic inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauralee! You look AMAZING!!! Wow, wow, WOW! I am soooooo excited for you. :-D And for your 5k run. That is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! You really cute in those capris! Work those cute white legs! :) I love what you said. Don't say Thank you to comments about your losing weight. Honestly that is an observation not necessarily a compliment, and YOU are doing the work, and it is quite possibly one of the hardest things you will EVER do in your life to lose the weight and keep it off. I can't even imagine!! If someone says "You're losing weight" Own that just like you did. Say "Yes, I am!". If they say you look amazing, which you do, I say own that too woman! Say "Thank you, Yes I do!". :) You deserve to own the amazing progress and hard work you are doing. Don't feel weird about it, enjoy it. The more you do it the more comfortable you will feel accepting those well deserved, well earned compliments. <3

    ReplyDelete