Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Slow Weight Loss



As you all know, I have had a struggle finding pants to fit. More specifically a good pair of jeans. I went to lane bryant yesterday and found a couple of really cute jeans, that were $70 a pair. That's reasonable if you'll be wearing them for the next year or so, but I have moved from a size 22 to a size 18 in less than a month. These are very temporary. I was looking on KSL for yard sales or anyone selling my size so I don't have to waste money on something stupid like clothes for 2 weeks. I found a girl selling her "fat clothes" because she had gastric bypass. She had several petite (I have really short legs) pairs of lane bryant jeans for $5. I drove to go pick them up and it scared me. She looked awful. Her eyes were sunken in, and she looked BIGGER than me. She said the jeans were too big, but I really don't see how that is possible. She told me that she spent 2 months in the hospital because she got so sick. She got a blood clot in her stomach that blocked the food from going down. The doctor didn't believe she was really that sick. I could see her scalp because so much of her hair had fallen out. We talked for a minute and she said that she was 6 months out and had lost 90 pounds. Then she asked me how far out I was, and how much I had lost. I said 4 months and 86 pounds. I felt horrible for her, but I was also so thankful that my Uncle Dean recommended Doctor Sherman Smith. He really is the best. I'm so thankful he gave me the strict diet he did and direction to excercise every day. I guess my weight loss isn't as slow as I've been feeling it has been.

It's funny, I notice the days that I wake up and weigh the same, I guess it's easy to miss all the days I wake up with a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment