Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another First




Ok, Today was a big "first" for me. It may sound silly, but it made me SO happy. I crossed over into the regular store world. It's the first time since 2002 that I've been able to walk into a store and buy off of the rack of a non-fat store (I bought 99% of my clothes at Lane Bryant.) I went to every store in the mall looking for a pair of jeans. Apparently, this weight loss journey has made me lose weight disproportionately. I have no bum and apparently my thighs are still a little extra pudgy. My jeans that I am wearing fit in the waist, (well they are loose, but eh, they'll be ok) in the bum and upper thighs, they are GINORMOUS. (yes, that is a real word. Spell check it, you'll see)
After a very frustrating afternoon at the mall, I came to the determination that my body is out of proportion...shopping sucks, and that I'll try again in a few weeks when I've lost more weight.
As I was leaving the mall, I decided to stop at Old Navy to see if they had any cute little boys things on sale. After all, there's nothing that fits me there...
I saw some really cute sweatshirts there and they were on clearance for $5. I bought one thinking "One day this will fit me." I brought it home and held it up to show my mom. As I held it up, I thought, "Hey, this might fit!" When I tried it on, it fit. It was an XL, but hey, it fit. It's been a very very long time since I've been able to buy clothes from a regular store. It totally made my day!

4 comments:

  1. haha, I've been hearing "ginormous" a lot recently and wondered if it was a real word. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being so excited the day I had to go shopping, and I had waited so long I could buy size large or xl. After being a 4xl for 5+ years, that felt so good! I am still disproportionate myself though. I got some major wings going on which prevent me from buying any kind of shirt that isn't nylon/cotton. I also am pretty sure my actual waist is a size 10, but since a have a badonkadonk bum and thighs, I have to buy a 12 or 14 depending on the pants. You have made some MAJOR MAJOR progress!!! After that stage, my next goal was to go into Victoria's secret for a bra fit. I tell you, just walking out of that store with their little pink bag made me feel sexy!! Keep up the good work and awesome example!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cherish! I think we started at the same place I used to wear "biggest size available" which was 4x-5x. I know I'm still chubby, but I feel AMAZING. I feel so good about myself (which is such a nice way to feel!!!) I can't wait to get to a size 12. I have no recollection of ever being that small. (well in my adult life!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigoodness, I can't wait to be in regualt store world! Congratz!

    Summer
    http://www.starlitsummer.org

    ReplyDelete