Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My fears





For those considering weight loss surgery, it's pretty common knowledge that for many patients after 3-6 months, their hair will start to fall out. As a kid I had to take some very strong medicines to prevent siezures and it caused my hair to fall out. Some of it grew back, but it's never been as thick and beautiful as it was when I was young. This has been my fear for months.

I take many many vitamins daily, as well as biotin to help prevent this. But today, I noticed a clump of hair in the bathroom sink. It makes me sick. It's not huge and I can't see it in my hair yet, but I'm worried sick about it.

It sounds so superficial and ridiculous. But, I'm seriously stressing about it.

On the family party front, I did really well and only ate what I took to the party. This weekend, I also experimented with making a Rye carroway seed flourless bread. It was delicious and I actually had a pastrami sandwich. It was amazing to be able to eat a sandwich, even if it was mouse-tea party sized.

1 comment:

  1. It is unfortunate and true. My hair has finally started to grow back after 18 months. However, the texture and everything about my hair is completely different. However, this is the only negative aspect I have experienced with WLS.
    Lauralee, thanks for your sweet offer!! My hubby and ward are on top of all the service I need. The dumb thing is, I feel fine even though I am really not, so it gets frustrating. You are doing so well! I think it is good to share your fears. Keep up your good word and positive attitude!!

    ReplyDelete