Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The story of bananas

I used to hate bananas.
Hate doesn't really accurately describe it.  I have actually dry heaved and vommitted attempting to eat a banana.
I loved foods that were super sweet.  My true love was chocolate, and not just waxy gross american chocolate but truffles and delicious rich chocolate.
  That was almost 2 years ago and 180 pounds ago.  I rarely eat chocolate.  I eat bananas at least 3 days a week, sometimes more.
I decided soon after surgery, that I was going to learn to like healthy foods.  Slowly food by food, I trained myself to like healthy foods.  I went 15 months with no carbs, fruit or sugar.  During that time, my idea of sweet changed.  A half a banana is a nice treat.  It is sweet enough.  Other things like candy and chocolate are too sweet or rich.  I find it interesting that my likes and dislikes have completely changed.

1 comment: