Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Headed to Surgery

It's 530 a.m.  There is no reason anyone should be awake this early! I am getting an abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck today. So Chad and I are headed to Ogden Regional Hospital.

It is surreal. After losing 180 pounds, this feels like a final step or closure to "fat Lauralee."
I feel many emotions right now: fear, excitement, gratitude, and a little nausea (from anxiety)
I have been asked to be at the hospital at 6 am.  I have to be fasting.After midnight: food free.
Right now, that's fine because of my anxiety and nausea.  Normally, I would only eat a yogurt for breakfast anyways.

Surgery is scheduled to be 6 hours long, with 2 hours of recovery time, so with any luck,  I will be home tonight.

*Gulp*  Here goes nothing.  (Ready to walk in as we speak)


2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Can't wait to get to where you are now, all the best wishes for a speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers. Have a speedy recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete