Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

How I stick to it

I get teased for how I eat often. Its in fun, and I don't mind.   I was talking to a friend on my break.   Our Boss brought in bbq sandwiches, Chips and cake.  I ate my own lunch: a half Sandwich, veggies and cottage cheese and a half banana.  She asked me “Is it hard to always follow your diet?“ 

For me, it isn't.  I ate that stuff and weighed 362.  For me, I recognize the consequences of eating poorly.

For me, this isn't a diet.  This is how I eat.  This is my life.  It is happy and wonderful and I wouldnt change a thing.  I eat the way I do because, even though I have had to learn the hard way, I have learned there is nothing more important than my health.

How do I do it?

I buy fresh fruits and  vegetables.

I don't buy junk or processed foods.

I make a weeks worth of crackers, granola and granola bars each week.

It is extra work to make things myself.  I have invested in quality blenders, food processors, dehydrators and pasta makers to make my work easier.

I put healthy foods at eye Level.  Veggies are kept on the top shelf instead of hidden in a drawer.

I cook, every single day. We do not go out and never eat fast food.



1 comment:

  1. Exactly! I would love to have your cracker and granola/granola bar recipes....

    ReplyDelete