Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, August 17, 2012

Day One Complete

So day one following a full tuck (front and back) is complete.

Dr. Malan came in to color on me with purple marker.  As a stood there basically nude he said “I am going to do your back.  The insurance won't reimburse me, but you really need it“

Yet another miracle.  I am so thankful for Dr. Malan and his compassion.

Disclosure: I don't mean this to brag, but it was my honest thoughts.

I havent seen my stomach because I am in an abdominal binder, but I saw my bum...and I have the bum of a 18 year old thin girl.  No more sags or wrinkles.  I am thankful I chose the surgeon I did.

Now for an update.  It is not as painful as I anticipated, still worse than my c-sections or gallbladder, but considering he went into the muscle and repaired the muscle...I am pretty good. 

Because I have had RNY gastric bypass, I can only have tylenol based drugs and I can't have percocet because of a negative response I had to it during my gallbladder surgery.

The doctor has me on lortab every 4 hours, which keeps my pain at about a 2 (if we are using the stupid number pain scale)  At about hour 3 my pain level jumps and I have been in tears.

We borrowed a recliner from my parents and I slept in it.  The only comfortable position is in the recliner.  Moving is quite painful.

I am itchy from the morphine I got at the hospital.  I want to scratch my flesh off!   I have awaken about every 30 minutes.  I reposition and go back to sleep.   It was a hard night, but already happy I did it.

I am thankful for all my friends, family and neighbors.  I am truly blessed with the best!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I hope the pain wears off fast so ou can get back to living. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! And he did the back too! It really IS a miracle! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lauralee! That is such a blessing (about your back)! I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope the pain subsides quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauralee, I am so happy for you! I will keep you in my prayers for a quick, complete recovery with minimal pain.

    ReplyDelete