Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Double post day-Lots on my mind



Today, I got up and have spent the morning going through clothes that no longer fit. For some reason I keep holding on to a few, that are obviously big, but they're so cute, I think "Maybe I'll just wear it one more time!"

I have been given lots of clothes from some of my sweet friends. Many have just sat in the bottom of my closet for months. I used to try them on weekly, but I had given that up because it was kind of depressing. Today I tried on size 14s from Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy and they all fit. YAY.

As for comments left earlier. I know why I eat. Yay therapy. I associate food with love. I blame no one else but myself for feeling that way. We all do this. Oh, kid...you're crying. Here eat a cookie. I've seen myself do that with my own kids.

I've self medicated when I didn't feel loved.

I've often related my family to a big italian family. With Mormons, food is love. You're sad, here...eat.

Once I got to a certain point, it was like "Why bother." Also an anti-seizure medication I had to take as a child made me gain a ton of weight.

All of that being said...the reason that I was fat, is because I hadn't learned to overcome the environmental temptations.

It doesn't matter if you eat healthy, the rest of the world will eat what they want, life goes on. Part of being successful is learning to say "eh, no thanks."

It's a skill that I'm still working on, but I know it's going to be important for me to ultimately succeed.

Life happens, and I want to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that you will succeed, Lauralee. You are focused on being healthy and active, and you have the right mindset. Keep trying on those clothes - it's a fun and healthy exercise!

    ReplyDelete