Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy day


last night I was laying watching cartoons with the kids. We thought the new thundercats were going to be on...and they're obsessed. Jonah was cuddled into me and Logan was sitting in the chair by himself. I said "Logan, come sit with us!" He said, "I don't want to lay on you. Your bones poke me in the face." Now, that's kinda sad. It made me so happy. This is the first time that I remember being able to feel my ribs and hip bone.

I went to the gym yesterday, It's been months since I've gone to the gym. Normally I just go running or ride my bike. I decided that I need to start lifting weights again. That's my goal, the gym at least 5 days a week.

Like I said, it's been awhile since I went to the gym. I have a couple of people that I've made friends with. There's this guy with MS that I used to see there all the time. I walked in yesterday, and he stopped his work out and came over. He said "Did you used to work out here a couple of months ago?" I said "Yes, how are you? I havent' seen you in awhile." He didn't answer he just said "Holy crap, you got little!" I love days like that.

On the little more awkward note, After I quit lifting weights, I went upstairs to do my elliptical run. I started working out and this guy stood behind me for about 5 minutes, then he gets on the elliptical right next to me (gym ettiquette states that if there is open machines you leave a space!) and says "I'll race you, lets see who can burn the most calories."

I said to him "I'm chubby, I'll burn more." He looked me up and down...which made me slightly uncomfortable and then said "I'm chubbier."

I said "Super, I'll still burn more." I burned 400 calories. That doesn't sound like much, but when you only eat 400-600 calories a day, it's a lot. I beat the creepy old guy so really that's all that matters.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Lauralee! I love all of these comments - they truly are Happy Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha! I think this post is one of my favorite ones yet! You did get little!!!

    ReplyDelete