Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

worth it

Sorry for the lack of posting. I've been sick. Really, really sick. As in I actually called in sick to work. I got RSV from Jonah (my 3 year old). For most adults RSV hits like a cold and is miserable, but really no big deal. Because I've had a stricture, it kind of knocked me out. The swelling in my airways caused problems and I again had a problem keeping down solid foods. I've resorted to my remaining zofran, and so far today, I think it's working. I feel a lot better and even made it to the gym. I went to work yesterday and talked to my supervisor. She pulled up an email from one of my managers saying that I had been sick to see how many days I had missed. When she pulled up this email I saw the first line which said "Man, gastric bypass is so not worth it." I was a little irritated, but that's her opinion. For me, even as sick as I have been at times, it is worth it. It's really not about the weight loss. If it was just cosmetic, it might not be worth it. For me, I have an entirely different life. I'm not worrying about dying. I don't have sleep apnea. It's totally quality of life, and it's getting better and better. I can run and I'm not wheezing. I can do anything I want. Before my size really limitted me, even in a movie theater or airplane.

I guess my point is, I guess it's perspective, but for me, it was worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I think the health issues alone makes it worth it! You are getting healthier and you will be able to live a more productive life and a longer one as well. You will be able to enjoy your children and even your grandchildren. I am proud of you! Keep up the good work! You are looking GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the more I think about this, the more it really really bothers me!!! It was completely inappropriate of your manager to write derogatory things about you in an email to anyone, let alone to someone who might show you the email. I know you don't like ruffling feathers but I think you should talk to HR. Just sayin'...

    Also, you're fabulous and I am so impressed with how awesome you are doing! Keep up the good work! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hear you! It is amazing to me that after only 3 weeks since my own surgery, I am feeling some of those same things you mentioned here. I am so amazed at what you have done in such a short time - you are truly a role model for me!

    ReplyDelete