Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nice Flavor-less Broth



A few days ago, my brother and his beautiful wife were sealed in the Logan LDS temple. At a dinner following this event, my cousin Todd kept teasing me about the foods that I can eat. We went out to the Bluebird in Logan and I really struggled to find anything that I could eat. I'd say "Maybe I should order the salmon." or something like that, and he would reply "I can offer you some nice flavor-free broth." This dialogue continued over the course of the night. It was pretty funny, but sadly, for right now, this is my life.

I visited the doctor this week. He was very happy with my progress, but said that even though my condition has improved, I still have to stay on a liquid/soft diet for the next four weeks. I tried to explain to him that it's not possible since my family and I are going to Hawaii in February. Somehow, he thought he knew better. I now have to drink 2 very high protein low sugar shakes (from costco)


and then 1 meal of 2 ounces of soup of some sort with no veggies, rice, noodles or chunks of any sort. I've been living off of hot and sour soup.

The weird thing is that Jonah won't drink milk or even chocolate milk, but he guzzled one of these down today...don't let it fool you, they don't taste THAT good!

No comments:

Post a Comment