Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, February 14, 2011

Changes

It's been six weeks. A lot has changed in that time! I've lost 50 pounds, but there has been a lot of other changes too. Six months ago, I could barely fit into my stretch lane bryant jeans, these jeans were made for curvy girls (girls with a big boot-ey) I wore a size 8 red triangle, which is the equivalent of a 26/28 for a girl with a really big bum. Those jeans now will not even stay up on their own. (I actually had a very embarrassing moment, when I discovered that they no longer wanted to stay up while grocery shopping at Macey's)
Pre-surgery, I wore a size six ring, I also can no longer wear my rings. Before surgery, I bought a robe, to cover my boot-ey while walking around in the hospital. I dragged poor Rob to 6 different stores trying to find a robe big enough. I finally settled on this robe.




It's a hoodie style robe. When I bought it, it didn't close, I wasn't even close to being able to zip it up. It was a 26/28. Now, it is HUGE.

I am able to wear jeans that I haven't been able to zip in over a year, let alone wear them comforablely. My diabetes is gone and so is my knee and hip pain. I have a single chin and I'm feeling much better about myself and life in general.

Now, my meal portions are little, and I haven't had sugar or sweets in 6 weeks. Is it worth it? Absolutely. It's been a hard couple of weeks, and I'm sure it's going to be hard for awhile, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to get the surgery. It has already made my life so much better.

3 comments:

  1. I think the hardest part for me would be the eating--I am an emotional eater. I am so impressed with your weight loss. It must be so exciting! Congratulations! I think the diabetes part (the being gone part) would be the best. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is such a hard thing and you should be so pleased with yourself!!

    ReplyDelete