Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Official

It's official. I am a student at Weber State University. I start next semester and I am going to just do online courses so I can still be at home with my kids. I am going to meet with a councilor tomorrow. I am wanting to be a personal trainer. That is only offered at Weber State through a Bachelors degree. I am thinking about minoring in nutrition, or maybe just getting my associates degree in that. I am still deciding what will be right for me. I am really excited, but the dynamic has changed for me a lot. I was easily the oldest person I saw on campus. Before, when I went to school there, I was one of the youngest. I was also the fattest. I guess I don't mind this dynamic. :) When I started this journey, if you had told me that my career goal would be personal training and nutrition, I would have never believed it. A few weeks ago. I ran into a friend of mine that I used to work with. He is an older gentleman. He looked me up and down and told me I look great. I told him how cycling had become my new love. We talked about how much life had changed for me. I made the comment "If you told me 2 years ago I would be riding 60-80 mile bike races, I would have never believed it!" He laughed and said "No one would have." That is what this surgery has done for me. Yes, it has changed other peoples view on me, but it has changed my view of myself. I know anything is possible. If I can lose 190 pounds, I can do anything. I know that. Next step, a college degree.

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Good for you! I know what you mean about being the oldest person on campus. I take auto classes at a community college here on Saturdays, and while I'm not the oldest, I do feel very old compared to the 19-year-olds. Not to mention I'm one of very few females in the class. I think it's awesome to stand out like that though. You do what you need to do for you and others will respect you for it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauralee, that is such exciting news! I went back to college at age 32 and loved every minute of it. I found it was actually easier than college the first time around, because I had so much more life experience. Learning also meant more to me when I went back than it had the first time. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete