Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Miracles

Sometimes little events happen, small little details that, when added together, make one giant miracle.

That is the story of my life lately.

First, the doctor told me that insurance would never pay for the removal of my extra skin.

He submitted it anyway.  Three months later, I got a letter saying they would cover it.

I instantly called my surgeons office and talked to them.  They said I would still have to pay the co pay, coinsurance, and the hospital fees...in advance.  We are talking about $4,000 (We don't have $5 some days)

I started fundraising and raised very small amounts, but not even 1/10 of what is needed.

I called and talked to the hospital and found that 1. My insurance covers 100% of the hospital stay and the copay is $100.

I talked to our insurance and found that with my gallbladder surgery, i have met my deductible and have to pay 30% (which cannot be required in advance because it is medically necessary)

The money raised was EXACTLY enough (within a few cents)

Then, I found out at work that I cannot just request time off, instead, I have to trade off.  Trading 18 shifts is SO hard.  It was daunting.  I had two individuals pick up the majority of my shifts.  I have 5 left to get off.  My manager says if i can get off 1 more shift, he will work with me.

Many small events that lead to one miracle.  My surgery is happening August 16.

I am very thankful!

4 comments:

  1. So very happy for you! Isn't is wonderful how little everyday miracles occur when we need them most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slightly jealous, but VERY EXTREMELY happy for you!!! What a great miracle, and great blessing!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy this is working for you - miracles really do happen!

    ReplyDelete