Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Plastic surgery

I met with a plastic surgeon yesterday.  My belly button hasnt healed right from my gallbladder removal.  While there, I figured I would find out about skin removal.  I have been really hard on myself because of my extra "flab."   I told the surgeon that I hadnt lost in months and so I was probably ready to get the skin removed.  He looked me up and down and said "You arent losing because you dont have anything to lose.  You have 40 pounds of skin there." 

He told me to fix everything, my stomach, arms and thighs, it would cost $20,000.  None of that is covered by insurance. 

So, the answer is simple.  Therapy to work towards accepting me for me.  At least the therapy is covered by insurance!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I wonder if, in the future, you might consider taking out a loan for that amount. I know some people take loans out to actually pay for the GNY surgery. Then you could pay it off...slowly? I mean, it's still a lot.

    You're gorgeous regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's less than my car cost, and I will only have that for 10 years or so - you will have your body for decades! I think you should do both! Use the therapy to learn to love and accept yourself as you are now. And then later down the road, if you still want to and when you are financially able to, go ahead and take the plunge! You look great. I'd never guess that you have 40lbs of skin under your cute little GAP sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauralee, I am trying to make that decision also. I know some of my flabby skin is tightening up with exercise, and am giving myself another year to keep doing the bending and stretching and crunches and such. Then I will meet with a plastic surgeon and see what needs to be done and how I feel about doing it....

    ReplyDelete