Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Advice for those getting RNY gastric bypass

A friend of mine is getting RNY gastric bypass this week.  I am so very excited for her!!!  She is one of the most amazing women I know!   I have been thinking about what advise I would give prior to surgery. 

The week before surgery:

* Weigh in and take your measurements.  This is so important to keep you motivated.  The weeks I havent lost a pound are the weeks I have lost the most inches!!

I didnt measure until I had already lost 70 pounds

*Start taking your vitamins: biotin and fish oil for hair, vitamin e for skin, sublingual b12, calcium, multivitamin and iron. You will take these forever.

Things you will need in the hospital:

*A robe to cover your bum. (hospital gowns are not made for the husky)

*Chapstick (you are limitted on the amount you can drink at first)

*** Make yourself walk as much as you can.  At least 4 times a day.  This speeds up recovery and prevents blood clots.

Things you will need at home:

*sugar free jello
*broth
*yogurt
*broccoli
*cauliflour

After surgery, you don't feel like eating at all. 
I cooked the veggies till they were so soft they were mushy.  That is how I could eat them. 

* 1 oz medicine cups (they gave me like 30 at a local pharmacy)
I used these to measure my food. You start with 1-2 oz of food per meal for 3 meals.

Start to work out immediately.

Follow diet exactly.



2 comments: