Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, April 13, 2012

Happiness, satisfaction, and followups

I went to my doctor for my one year follow up.  Yeah, I get it, I am a couple months late.  When I met with Dr.  Smith, I was nervous.  I had heard stories of him having high goals for his patients.  He told me I look good.  I smiled but dismissed it quickly and said, "I know I have another 20 to go!"  He looked me up and down and said "Lauralee, no one is going to look at you and say 'she is a big girl.'"

I told him that I think I am big.  He said "That is a mental thing.  I'm not that kind of doctor."

Thats what I love about Dr. Smith.  He is so straight with me.

I also had a couple of people at work tell me that it was time for me to stop losing weight.  Haha.  I still would like to get to goal weight.

At my 1 year follow up,  they took more pictures.  They are going to send me a disk with before and after pictures.  I will post that as soon as I get them.

I finally had sprouting success with alfalfa sprouts. My new favorite thing is a triscuit spread with skinny cow cheese topped with sprouts.
  Yumm-o. 
I also have discovered raisels.  They are white raisins covered in sour orange flavor.  They are pretty low calorie and are similar to sour patch kids.

Its my bike race tomorrow and Chad has visitation for his first weekend since November.  It is going to be busy...but a happy busy!




3 comments:

  1. Can I make a blog request? You have mentioned some of your meals/snacks in the past. Would you be willing to do an entire blog with recipes? I love the triscut/sprouts idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing amazing Lauralee! I hope you are feeling as good as you look! :)

    ReplyDelete