Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Things that make me happy

I've talked before about perspective. I weigh today what I weighed when I was 12. I have never in my adult life weighed this little. I'm actually 20 pounds lighter than my lowest adult weight and very close to being in the 100s. YAY me. When I started this journey, the goal was losing 200 pounds. I never really thought it was possible. Now, I realize, it's totally possible. I remember thinking "I'm a big girl, if I could get down to a 18, I'd be happy."
I realize now, that both of those statements aren't true. I'm really quite petite. And, not happy with 18. I'm actually down to a size 14, and I'm hoping to be down to single digits by december, I guess we'll see.

I was talking to some friends at work and I realized that I may never be satisfied with where I am, I may always wish I were smaller, but honestly, I've even exceeded my goals for myself, and what I perceived as realistic. It makes me want to shoot higher. The only limits are the ones set in my head!

1 comment:

  1. Lauralee, your last statement, "The only limits are the ones set in my head!" is so true! Congratulations on your major accomplishments - I hear what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete