Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Going "there"

OK, So when I started researching gastric bypass, I heard about people with "excess skin" and my attitude was "Well, it's better than skin filled with blubber." But at the time, that's what I had. Now, ugh...It's unattractive and it makes me feel uncomfortable. If someone had shown be my before and after pictures with clothes on, I would have done it, no questions asked. Nekked, well, I would have screamed, and then probably done it still.

I was on the shuttle going to the airport to work and was listening to the conversation of two flight attendants. One said to the other, "I look great with my clothes on, but when they're off I just thing 'Oh dear G--!'"

I laughed, only because I really feel like that. I never thought I'd ever get down to a size 14. Now that I'm there, I just want to be thinner. I know all is possible, heck, I've lost 156ish pounds. If that's possible, another 50 is no big deal. I'm sitting at about 205 pounds. I have never in my adult life weighed that little. I'm so excited to hit the 100s.

Back to skin. It's that thing, that no one talks about. No one shows you what to expect. So, quit looking now, if you have a sensitive gag reflex.


I have said in the past that I have the thighs of an 80 year old woman. This is actually much improved to the point that they are the thighs of maybe a 65 year old woman who has gotten too much sun in her lifetime.


I have a fairly good bicep muscle, but as you can see, I also have batwings




This is the worst my friends. My stomach. All of that, above my belly button is extra skin. I have undergarments that bind the skin, and it makes me 2 sizes smaller, seriously.

In addition, I've talked before about completely losing my boobs in this whole weightloss process. At one time I wore a 56E. I'm down to a 38B. Yes, B as in boy.
I joke when I get to my goal weight I will have the chest of a 14 year old boy, but I'm kinda serious about that. Ok, very serious about that. With another 50 pounds to lose, I've lost 5 cup sizes with 150 + pounds lost, I could easily lose another cup size in 50 pounds!

I get the comment often, "Wow, you'll be in a bikini in no time!" I would just like to let everyone know, I will never in my lifetime wear a bikini. EVER.

I am comfortable in my own skin to show you my skin, and still not care at all. I've now learned perfect body or not, I'm me. I love me. I accept me. I don't care what anyone else does. But the purpose of this blog is to document my journey-All of it. Good, bad and ugly. And somehow, me in my own skin, I kind of rock. I love me. That's really all that matters.

4 comments:

  1. Lauralee, I have those exact same issues. Just a few weeks ago while I was in Wisconsin, my 4-year-old granddaughter asked me, "Grandma, why do your arms hang down like that?" I am hoping that with more muscle development, my arms (and other body parts) won't "hang down like that," but will firm up. But even if they don't, I am still glad I had the surgery, and would do it all again even knowing that ultra-flabby skin would be an issue.

    Thank you for having the courage to post these pictures and share. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend how I know just what you mean!! I am really stable where I am right now, but I know that if I could afford plastic surgery, and get rid of my skin, I would drop another 2 clothes sizes, and probably up to 50 more pounds. I have lost 210 overall, and I definitely have the same pictures as you!!! PS, you really do look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think acceptance at every stage is crucial. Surgery or no surgery. I haven't had surgery but I do have the startings of the sagging skin above my belly button. its freaky looking but its me regardless. i also have a little flap of fat that folds over the top of my thighs.. I heard on a documentary show one time that when you lose a lot of weight you exchange fat for loose skin. And when you have surgery to remove the skin you exchange it for scars. Either way you look at it, you have to accept yourself to be happy. love this post <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your courage and honesty. Congrats on arriving in One-Derland. It is an amazing feat. I am a mere 13 pounds from my goal, my original goal mind you, and I needed to remind myself that my journey isnt over. It is possible for me to hit 160. You, my friend, proved that to me today as I was reading your posts. Thank-you.
    I am trying out Synergie treatments to see if it will help with some of the sagging and underlying fat pockets I have. The before and afters on the marketing collateral are pretty impressive. Knowing that it is marketing I am still very skeptical that it can actually help me, but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete