Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tour de Cure!

I officially registered today for the Tour de Cure. I am doing the 60 mile bike ride. I am begging for money right now. I have just under a month to raise $150 to be able to participate. I am hoping to get enough donations. My husband will kill me if I have to pay the $150 on my own! It was questionable paying the $35 fee to register!!!! I hear the questions you are asking in your head. (or possibly out loud.) Q 1. Why on earth do I want to do this? There are many reasons, but biking makes me happy. Not just happy, but it is what causes the sunshine in my soul. As a fat kid, I watched my dad do many of these rides. My dad is amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. He can still kick my trash, and he's over 60. He has legs of steel. Seriously. I watched my dad compete in these events, and wished that I was one of "those people." This is something I have been day dreaming about forever. It's something I have been seriously thinking about for about a year and a half. Q 2. Why diabetes? Well, I had diabetes before losing 185 pounds. It sucked. Now, my 5 year old is borderline diabetic and I'm sorry, but that is just not ok with me. We have to do something to find a cure, or at least more treatments for this horrible disease. Q 3. 60 miles? Are you crazy. Eh, probably. Q 4. Um, what about your gluteus maximus? Are you worried you will never walk again? Yes, this is a concern. I have taken 4 days off following the race for recovery time. Please donate. I would for you....the next time you are selling girl scout cookies or happenings books. Hit me up. I'm totally good for the favor. :)
Go here to donate. (or email me monkeylauralee@hotmail.com) (this should work now. Sorry to those who wanted to donate but couldn't. You can now, please please do.)

1 comment:

  1. I tried to donate, but the link doesn't work!!! I guess you don't want my awesome money.

    ReplyDelete